Cell Phone Science
Download for free: Follow us: Features Sensors Phyphox allows you to use the sensors in your phone for your experiments. For example, detect the frequency of a pendulum using the accelerometer or measure the Doppler effect using its microphone.
We call the daVinci Pursuit a museum without walls – and now we want to bring the museum straight to your home.The daVinci Pursuit is excited announce a new series called #dVPchallenge. Over the coming weeks, we will introduce simple challenges – fun for any age – with guidance from local scientists and artists alike. This week we’re exploring experiments you can do with your smart phone! Practically every smartphone made in the last 5 years can measure atmospheric pressure, magnetic fields (not too strong!), acceleration, light, sound and other things.
For this week’s activity all you have to do is: All you have to do is:
- Go to https://phyphox.org/ and download the app.
- Decide on an experiment to do (choose one that is safe for your phone, that’s on you).
- Post your results (picture, short quip, long poem, all formats welcome) on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook
- tag @daVinciPursuit (and don’t forget to follow us!)
- include the hashtag #dVPchallenge
Posts will be featured on our website (https://www.thedavincipursuit.com/).
We hope you will join us to learn something, create something, and have fun in the process!